Group V. Moreau
Our research focuses on the molecular bases of hepatic tumor cell invasion.
Reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton is important for cell migration, cell shape change, and interactions with other cells and the environment. Abnormal cell migration and invasion is a characteristic of malignant cancer cells and is one component of metastasis, the major clinical problem in cancer. Consequently, alterations in cytoskeletal signalling pathways are increasingly being recognized as important for cancer invasion and metastasis. Our group uses a wide range of biochemical, cell biological methods and animal models to study how actin cytoskeleton is regulated and involved in hepatocellular carcinoma cell invasion.
Our work focuses on the involvement of RhoGTPases and regulators in hepatic tumor cell invasion.
We have documented the frequent down-regulation of RhoE/Rnd3 in hepatocellular carcinoma and shown that it behaves as a suppressor of invasion. We aim at better understanding its mechanisms of action and regulation in liver tumor cells.
Based on cancer-associated mutations, we study the involvement of p190RhoGAP, a negative regulator of Rho GTPases, in cancer cell migration.
- Basbous S, Paysan L, Sena S, Allain N, Hiriart JB, Dugot-Senant N, Rousseau B, Chevret E, Lagrée V, Moreau V. Silencing of Rnd3/RhoE inhibits the growth of human hepatocellular carcinoma and is associated with reversible senescence. Cancer Gene Therapy, 2022, Accepted.
- Sala M, Allain N, Moreau M, Jabouille A., Henriet E, Abou Hammoud A, Uguen A, Di-Tommaso S, Dourthe C, Raymond AA, Dupuy JW, Gerard E, Senant N, Rousseau B, Merlio JP, Pham Ledart A, Vergier B, Tartare-Deckert S, Moreau V, Saltel F. Discoidin Domain Receptor 2 orchestrates melanoma resistance combining phenotype switching and proliferation. Oncogene, 2022, Accepted.
- Javary J, Allain N, Ezzoukhry Z, Di Tommaso S, Dupuy J-W, Dugot-Senant N, Costet P, Saltel F, Moreau V, Dubus P, Benhamouche-Trouillet S. Reptin/RUVBL2 is required for hepatocyte proliferation in vivo, liver regeneration and homeostasis. Liver International, 2021 Jun;41(6):1423-1429.
- Bouvet F, Ros M, Bonedeau E, Croissant C, Frelin L, Saltel F, Moreau V, Bouter A. Defective membrane repair machinery impairs survival of invasive cancer cells. Scientific reports, 2020 Dec 11;10(1):21821.
- Basbous S, Azzarelli R, Pacary E, Moreau V. Pathophysiological functions of Rnd proteins. Small GTPases. 2020 Oct 15;1-22. doi: 10.1080/21541248.2020.1829914
- Héraud C, Pinault M, Lagrée V, Moreau V. p190RhoGAPs, the ARHGAP35- and ARHGAP5-encoded proteins, in health and disease. Cells, 2019 Apr 12;8(4). Review for special issue “Rho GTPases in Heath and Disease” (guest editor: Dr. Cord Brakebush).
- Mehidi A, Rossier O, Schaks M, Chazeau A, Binamé F, Remorino A, Coppey M, Karatas Z, Sibarita JB, Rottner K, Moreau V, Giannone G. Transient immobilizations of activated Rac1 at the lamellipodium tip trigger membrane protrusion. Current Biology, 2019 Sep 9;29(17):2852-2866.e5.
- Piquet L, Robbe T, Neaud V, Basbous S, Rosciglione S, Saltel F, Moreau V. Rnd3/RhoE expression is regulated by G-actin through MKL1-SRF activity. Exp Cell Res, 2018 Sep 15;370(2):227-236.
- Bidaud-Meynard A, Binamé F, Lagree V, Moreau V. Regulation of Rho GTPase activity at the leading edge of migrating cells by p190RhoGAP. SmallGTPases, 2017 Mar 13:1-12. (Review).
- Paysan L*, Piquet L*, Saltel F, Moreau V. Rnd3 in Cancer: a Review of the Evidence for Tumor Promoter or Suppressor. Mol Cancer Res, 2016 Nov;14(11):1033-1044. *equal contribution
- Binamé F*, Bidaud-Meynard A*, Magnan L, Piquet L, Montibus B, Chabadel A, Saltel F, Lagree V, Moreau V. Cancer-associated mutations in the protrusion-targeting region of p190RhoGAP impact tumor cell migration. J Cell Biol, 2016 Sep 26;214(7):859-73. *equal contribution
- Di Martino J*, Paysan L*, Gest C*, Lagrée V, Juin A, Saltel F# and Moreau V#. Cdc42 and Tks5: a minimal and universal molecular signature for functional invadosomes. Cell Adh Migr, 2014, Apr 16;8(3). *,#equal contribution.
- Bidaud-Meynard A*, Arma D*, Taouji S*, Laguerre M, Dessolin J, Rosenbaum J, Chevet E#, Moreau V#. A novel small-molecule screening strategy identifies mitoxantrone as a RhoGTPase inhibitor. Biochem J, 2013 Feb 15;450(1):55-62. *,# equal contribution
- Grise F, Sena S, Bidaud-Meynard A, Baud J, Hiriart JB, Makki K, Dugot-Senant N, Staedel C, Bioulac-Sage P, Zucman-Rossi J, Rosenbaum J, Moreau V. Rnd3/RhoE is down-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and controls cellular invasion. Hepatology, 2012, 55, 1766-1775.
+33 (0)5 57 57 12 72
Contact by email